Today, the world is changing. Many of the Old Crowd (our parents and grandparents) are trying to get their children to follow the old way 0f life. This being go through school, focus on grades, get into a good college or university and work for the rest of your life and retire on 40% of your income. Some parents are more open-minded than others and allow your children some freedom but traditionally this is the case.
With the world economy is trouble and less jobs out there for our recent graduates, it falls to these graduates to do one of many things.
- Get a job in their field if they are lucky
- Get a job in another field
- Be Over-Qualified for their job
- Start a business, creates jobs and be their own boss
For those, who have the entrepreneurial spirit and went into business for themselves either online or with a physical location or those who have been debating it for a long time, this blog is dedicated to you.
Building Brand Awareness For Your Online Business
For many business owners, building brand recognition, awareness and online presence is the key to being successful. With today’s unemployment rates, it’s definitely a blessing if you have a day job in the first place, but if you’re not doing what you love, it’s hard to get excited to get up every morning and start working. It’s unfortunate, but there are many people who hate what they do, but feel that they are stuck in their current job because they need to pay the bills.
If you’re really passionate about a certain subject, area, or hobby, why not turn it into a business? There’s so much potential out there – and using the power of the internet, you can reach the world with your ideas, services, and products.
In my previous blogs I have mentioned many ways to build brand awareness. Here is a small recap:
- Produce and Distribute Great Quality Content. Creating and distributing quality content is the best way to gain visibility online. It is one of the most effective marketing strategies to promote your business and create brand recognition online. Creating quality content has become essential to any successful marketing strategy today.
- Social Media. Social Media Marketing is one of the most effective and cost effective ways to promote small businesses and enhance the visibility of your brand. Social Media Marketing promotes visibility, brand loyalty, recognition, and can also grow your sales. In addition, social media marketing allows small businesses and established ones to compete with an advantage. It enables businesses to reach worldwide audiences.
- Start a Blog. Having a blog can enhance brand visibility and improve your chances of success. In fact, blogging is one of the most effective ways to improve the visibility of your brand online. Blogging greatly improves your search engine rank, establishes validity in your brand and increases reach. In addition, blogging helps to cultivate relationships with customers and other influencers.
- Build credibility: People do business with people they know, like, and trust. Email gives you the ability to build credibility with your audience by sharing helpful and informative content.
For more information on building brand awareness in a variety of ways check out my blog at https://inspirethespark.ca/blog.
Check out the video below for some ideas to start your own online business:
Benefits of Having an Online Business
- You can do what you love: Having your own business is an amazing opportunity. It allows you to do what you love and potentially make some good money at the same time. Starting out will be hard. You will have to wear many hats and be able to balance a somewhat lax schedule but if your put effort and time and have the right mindset you can be successful.
- Flexible schedule and rules: If you are like me, you like to keep busy. However, when you have your business, you have some days that you are not. Having a flexible schedule allows you to plan your day, make a list of goals that you want to accomplish everyday in order to grow your business. When you have a flexible schedule, it’s easy to make time to see family or friends, because you can meet them at odd times you normally wouldn’t be able to.
- It’s relaxing: I find working from home to be extremely relaxing. Without a crazy commute, crazy co-workers, or a crazy boss, I have incomparably more energy for my family and friends. (Having plenty of “alone time” while I’m working from home definitely agrees with my introverted self.) Also, I can sleep in a little bit if I need to, I can take a nice relaxing walk if I want to. It’s much easier to take care of your health because there are more opportunities to fit in your fitness schedule.
Thank you for reading!
Feel free to comment with your thoughts and ideas! I always welcome new ideas.
Please follow me @cosimocreatesbuzz on Twitter and on Google+ at cosimocreatesbuzz.
Please Check out my website at http://www.cosimocreatesbuzz.com
Check out my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/cosimocreatesbuzz