It is March 2017 and a new year and there are many things to look forward to. From self-driving cars to new marketing trends.
Trends are important in the marketing industry as they tell marketers what customers are looking for and what they need. Marketers spend their whole careers studying consumers and their views, buying patterns and needs. Then they combine the research with their ideas and try to fulfill those needs to best of their ability.
Six Marketing Trends to Look for in 2017:
- Interactive Content: There’s content you can read, and then there’s content you can interact with. The second variety tends to be more popular. Think of ways to get readers to actively participate instead of passively consume. Interactive content can include assessments, polls, surveys, infographics, brackets and contests.
- Mobile Video: Have you looked at your Facebook feed recently? Chances are that 95% of it is video. And here’s a fun stat: mobile video views grew six times faster than desktop views in 2015. In fact, in Q4 of 2015, mobile video views exceeded desktop views for the first time ever. We now live in an age of mobile video, and it’s time we embraced it.
- Virtual and augmented reality: One of 2016’s biggest highlights was watching a screen-afflicted population carry their mobile devices out into the world to catch, yes, Pokemon. The biggest takeaway from this phenomenon was augmented reality’s ability to drive real business results. This has become a seriously viable option for marketers looking to bring the online into the real world.
- Mobile First Strategy: The future is mobile. Internet traffic is now coming more from mobile devices than desktops. If you’re not catering your content, ads and online experience to a mobile user, then you are missing a massive opportunity. And remember: It’s not just about “optimizing” for mobile; it’s also about making sure that piece of content gets integrated with a user’s lifestyle on the go.
- Chatbots: For those of you that don’t know; Chatbots is a program designed to simulate conversation with human users. Chatbot technology has become much more sophisticated. A great example is Facebook, which invests a significant amount of resources into bot programs that provide users with news updates, personalized responses and more. Are you talking to a human or a bot? If you can’t tell, then the bot is working as intended.
- Influencer Marketing: What’s more effective than an ad in selling your product? A lovable social media personality speaking highly about your product to his or her fans and followers. Influencer marketing is on the rise, because people tend to trust recommendations from people they see as thought leaders. The right influencers establish credibility through each social media post or advertisement. When they work with brands, it’s because they genuinely believe in them, and that trust is passed on to consumers.
For more information and ideas regarding digital marketing trends of 2017 Check out the video below from the digital marketing institute.
Thank you for reading!
Feel free to comment with your thoughts and ideas! I always welcome new ideas.
Please follow me @cosimocreatesbuzz on Twitter and on Google+ at cosimocreatesbuzz.
Please Check out my website at http://www.cosimocreatesbuzz.com
Check out my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/cosimocreatesbuzz