Digital marketing is a broad array of programs and techniques and can sometimes be difficult to understand. How do you learn to embrace it to increase the effectiveness of your brand? You research, plan and implement new techniques that fit with your brand’s message.
Here are 7 digital marketing trends you should keep an eye out in 2018
- Master Micro-Moments: Mobile gadgets have proved to be a major influence in customer interaction and engagement with brands across the globe. But the surprising thing for most people is the concept of “micro-moments”, which has powered the shift to mobile phones. From long-term goals such as planning to purchase a home, or something as small as acquiring a quick grocery from the nearest store or even locating the ingredients of a dish from your phone, etc., countless of these micro-moments stimulate the impulse to reach out for our mobile phone.
- Visualization More Important Than Ever: Everyday, there are more and more things that you need to break through in order to stand out from your competitors. Video can help you do that. With a video, people tend to accept and attach on a much deeper level due to the usage of visually-rich and interactive elements depicting a proper message or story. And as a consequence, the audience is tempted to take considerable action in terms of likes, sharing, etc. Brands have been able to capitalize on the introduction of highly-engaging video features on different social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Native Ads: When you are browsing through a website or social media, nothing is more frusterating than ads that pop up that don’t relate at all to what you are reading. Native ads can help rectify that problem. It facilitates brands to market their offerings in a quite non-disruptive way that blends in easily with the environment a user is most comfortable with. Native ads blend in such a seamless manner, that customers may not even spot them when viewing let it be advertorial, instant content, search advertising, recommended content or sponsored listings form of native advertising. Rather than approving it as a deceiving aspect, the point is to put the right information in front of the viewer when they actually need it.As per the data provided by Polar and BI intelligence, CTR rates for premium native ads on mobile gadgets were four times higher, than the count of non-native display ads. The data also stressed that native ads calls for better engagement rates on tablets and smartphones as compared to desktop systems.
4. Personalized and Customer-Focused Content: When creating your marketing plan for the year, one thing must always be kept in mind…Customer experience matters! It’s not a new concept but it has been mentioned more and more these past few years especially in business.
How do you create this personalized and customer-focused content? The key is to drift away from traditional static content to a more dynamically-rich content. The best practice is to create a dynamic website and a smart marketing automation plan that delivers top content. This creates a unique experience for the customer that matches their specific needs and preferences.
Utilize smart content to your benenfit.
What is smart content?
As HubSpot defines ‘smart content’, “content that is intelligently personalized to your customer’s needs”. Without needing to execute the ‘one-size-fits-all’ philosophy on a macro level on your customer base, building a smart content promotes the perception of different buyer personas, which in turn creates a communication that fits each customer’s needs and requirements individually.
Smart content benefits for both the business and customers: providing customers precisely what they need, the brand is retained in the memory for significant information, and also importantly, enhancing lead conversions. The eventual reward is a long-lasting and healthy relationship with your customer. The numbers for personalized messaging speaks for themselves.
5. Using Influencers:
If you get a customer to love your brand, he/she can become the basis through which a positive word-of-mouth and brand awareness can be spread.
But how do we transform a customer into a strong influencer?
acknowledging and providing the needs your customers are literally looking for. If you offer solutions that truly understand and solve their problem, then it becomes easy to make them more brand loyal. In order to genuinely acquire a team of influencers that could become an additional weapon in your arsenal of brand promotion and recognition, marketers first need to understand the benefits a group of influencers can provide.
Function like a Snowball Effect! As stated above, if a customer is pleased with the performance of your brand, it’s nearly possible he/she will promote it in their circle and environment, whether at a workplace, a social gathering, an old friends gathering, on a social media platform, or even at a casino night. The point is to express your positive opinion and experiences regarding a brand to others you care about.
For more information on influencers: Influencer Marketing for Small Business
6. Investment in Content Developers:
It’s all about creating a content that is easily memorable, unique and personalized in nature. So how do we do it? Hire an experienced writer who is not only able to write unique and creative content, but his knowledge base should be potent enough to fluently write on a variety of topics in order to attract a large audience from different industries.
The game plan is to develop and promote a content that retains existing customers who will keep coming back for more as well as attract others through an encouraging word-of-mouth. An acquainted writer knows best how to play with words perfectly and creatively. The professional will create a story/case study relating to your brand well that allows customers to feel an attachment with the brand on much deeper and personal level.
The practice of building editorial groups consisting of journalists, production leads, etc. is on the rise to position them as thought-leaders. The objective of the editorial and content development team is to produce attractive content that facilitates a healthy conversation. They also urge the audience to trust you on providing them updated and authentic information on different industry subjects.
Examples of where to find Content writers: Youtube stars, bloggers, freelance writers, vloggers etc.
7. Convert with the Right Data:
If you have the right data, then a professional digital marketer can understand the exact customer behavior and what it takes to deliver the best efforts. Especially this year when the trend of providing real-time responses to consumers in growing increasingly crucial, associating the data with the right tools will be very vital.
Why is there a need for Big Data?
Big data is one of the most commonly heard terms in data management that comes with a number of questions. Due to the massive amount of data involved and its heavy emphasis on different digital marketing cultures like segment marketing, personalized marketing, native marketing, etc., its implementation into marketing strategies is quite complex and impossible to cover in brief.
Equipped with the right marketing arsenal, any digital marketing agency can utilize big data. Take the case of EGC Group for example, a top digital marketing agency excelled in big data science and management. EGC’s data states that even though a number of companies are using Google Analytics, they aren’t incorporating the data with marketing automation and CRM tools (Marketo, HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.). Here are some figures that help us understand the impact and increasing importance of big data trend that is likely to go strong in the coming years.
- Highly data-oriented enterprises are 3 times more likely to improve their decision-making processes
- Every 9 out of 10 owners feel their businesses have missed opportunities because sales agents were not able to make the most out of the information available in front of them
- IDC forecasts for big data industry to reach around a worth of $102 billion by 2019
Finally, learn about new technologies, and data. Remember if you don’t evolve and adapt to the needs of the marketplace, someone else will!
Thank you for reading!
Feel free to comment with your thoughts and ideas! I always welcome new ideas.
Please follow me @cosimocreatesbuzz on Twitter and on Google+ at Cosimocreatesbuzz.
Like and follow my Facebook page @ Brand Awareness For Small Business