What is Instagram Marketing?
Instagram marketing is using images, short videos and hashtags to create an engaging environment for group of similar-minded people and businesses. For example, if your business is social media marketing, attain followers by posting videos and pictures that outline different strategies and tips. Use as many hashtags as possible.
Common mistakes for Small businesses:
- Low-Quality Images: For a platform that prides itself on highly graphic images and short videos, posting low quality images is a big red flag. For example, if you’re a landscaper or photographer, then you should be using high quality images to demonstrate the dedication and quality of your work. These images are your digital resume, if the images look off then who will hire you?
- Relevant Images: Instagram is the perfect platform for companies that utlize high-quality images as a way to advertise their work. However, it will only be effective if you are using relevant images. For example, a landscaper wouldn’t post a picture of a custom modification on their vehicle. Just like a baker would never post pictures of their landscaped backyard. Relevant and high-quality images can grow your brand while low-qualty images and non-relevant images can destroy it.
Check out these 10 Basic Instagram Marketing Tips:
Why Should Brands advertise on Instagram?
Instagram marketing is still a fairly new concept and many brands encounter difficulties using it for business. Now, if it is so new, why should brands use it? Brands should include Instagram within their social media marketing strategy for a few key reasons:
- Allows brands to demonstrate the direct benefits of their brand, product or service
- Give your brand a personality and allow your fans to have a full 360-degree view of your brand
Ideas for Your First Posts:
- Product Posts: Plants, Landscaped patios, Social Media Tips etc.
- Behind the scenes images: Who are the faces behind the brand?
- Branded quotes and tips: Everyone loves a good #QOTD (quote of the day), so aligning your brand’s personality with famous words or useful tips is a great way to tap into the aspirational feelings floating around on Instagram.
Thank you for reading!
Feel free to comment with your thoughts and ideas! I always welcome new ideas.
Please follow me @cosimocreatesbuzz on Twitter and on Google+ at Cosimocreatesbuzz.
Like and follow my Facebook page @ Spark Media
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Spark Media