LinkedIn has grown to become an astoundingly powerful social network, especially in the B2B world. It’s no secret that this platform is considered the top social media site for B2B marketers who want to connect with professionals in their industries, establish new connection and find clients for their firms. According to several studies conducted in the last couple of years, this network for professional businesses is growing in importance for both small and large companies.
LinkedIn From a B2C and B2B Perspective
A recent study conducted by Social Media Examiner revealed that most B2C marketers prefer Facebook and Twitter as the main social networks to help them grow their businesses. However, as you would expect, LinkedIn is the main choice for B2B marketers. 41% of B2B marketers prefer to use LinkedIn as their main social network, while only 9% B2C marketers choose this social platform to promote their products and services.
Since 2014, LinkedIn increased by 4% in terms of importance, while Facebook decreased slightly. However, according to this study, 66% of B2B marketers plan to increase their use of LinkedIn in the near future. Additionally, over 71% of B2B marketers are eager to learn more about LinkedIn, compared to only 55% of B2C marketers. You can find more interesting states about LinkedIn here: http://www.webpronews.com/heres-how-linkedin-is-getting-better-for-b2b-sales-and-marketing-2015-08
There is no doubt that LinkedIn is a top social network that is favored by B2B marketers due to its potent tools that enable businesses to reach a high-value audience and increase brand awareness for those important customers that matter.
Is your company already involves in B2B marketing? Looking to get into B2B marketing? Check out these four tips.
Update your Linkedin Profile
- Status Updates: One of the best ways to keep your connections informed about your happenings is by posting status updates, brief statements you feel your connections will find useful. They can include images and links to related content on your Website or third-party Websites. To appear active in the LinkedIn community, post useful and actionable status updates on a regular basis.
- Articles: LinkedIn allows you to easily publish articles to your profile. This is a great way to establish yourself as a thought leader and get exposure to your LinkedIn community.
- Recommendations: LinkedIn makes it easy for you to request recommendations from your connections. A collection of glowing recommendations that underscore your expertise and experience will significantly enhance your profile.
- Projects: If you have successful projects you want to highlight, post your projects including a description, link and the team members you worked with.
- Skills and Expertise: List your skills and expertise on your profile to help others understand your strengths and improve your ability to be found. Connections will be able to endorse your skills by providing their seal of approval
- Volunteering and Causes: List organizations you support and causes you care about outside of work.
- Patents, Courses, Test Scores, Certifications, Languages and Awards: All of your most important accomplishments can be presented for your connections to see.
Create a Company Page
Create a company page to tell your company’s story, showcase your products and services, share updates with followers and recruit new employees. Your company page can feature:
- Banner Image: The banner image is the first thing peple will see when they visit your company page. Design one that reflects your company’s brand and the image your want to portray.
- Products and Services: Feature your products and services including rich descriptions, images, feature lists, YouTube videos and links.
- Status Updates: Status updates on your company page can feature content from your website with links back to the detail. For a fee, you can also promote your updates throughout the LinkedIn community through sponsored updates. The key is to post updates regularly.
- Career Opportunities: For a fee, you can post open positions to recrut new employees.
Take Advantage Of LinkedIn Community Features
In addition to your profile and company page, LinkedIn provides a number of community features that allow you to communicate and collaborate with other LinkedIn users, including:
- Groups: LinkedIn Groups help you stay informed and keep in touch with people that share your interests. You can create your own LinkedIn groups or join any number of groups that focus on your area of interest or expertise. Expand your circle of influence by participating in discussions in various LinkedIn groups.
- Influencers: LinkedIn Influencers enables you to connect with well-respected thought leaders in many walks of life. Influencers like Tony Robbins, Guy Kawasaki and Richard Branson, as well as many lesser-known experts, contribute original content in the form of blog posts. You can comment on their posts and share them as status updates on your personal LinkedIn profile.
Leverage LinkedIn as a Marketing Tool
LinkedIn is a valuable tool that can help you grow your B2B business and catapult your career. The following tips will help you use this resource to produce results:
- Brand Your LinkedIn Address: When you create a LinkedIn profile, it will create a LinkedIn Web address that will appear like a collection of odd letters. You can customize this address to create a branded LinkedIn address with your name. My LinkedIn address is https://www.linkedin.com/in/cosimocrupi/
- Become an Expert: Post educational status updates and actively participate in LinkedIn group discussions to establish yourself as an expert and thought leader.
- Warm Call Sales Prospects: If you’re in sales, you can use LinkedIn as a warm calling tool. If there is a prospect you want to reach, find them on LinkedIn and see how closely you are connected to them. If you have an active list of LinkedIn connections, you are most likely only two or three connections away from the prospect. Use LinkedIn’s introduction features to ask one of your connections for an introduction.
- Find Rock Star Employees: Successful business people are always looking to find valuable employees that will ensure their future success. LinkedIn’s recruiting tool can be much more effective than traditional recruiting websites since you can target applicants based on experience and expertise.
- Keep Your Connections Current: Whenever you meet someone, connect with them on LinkedIn. It’s a great way to expand your influence and keep connections up to speed on your accomplishments. For best results, be sure to personalize your introduction message.
For more information on B2B Marketing check out this video from The 2017 SalesForce Conference.